The UNIPHONE 1150 is an all-in-one concept, combining a telephone, TTY, and amplified phone – all in one!
Now people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or hearing can all share one phone.
Once this unit is in TTY MODE, you will be able to READ your caller’s typed conversation, and respond as normal by TALKING into the handset (you will not be able to hear the conversation). The Uniphone includes a bright display and a comfortable keyboard with an amplified handset.
All conversations to another non-TTY phone user needs to go via the National Relay Service (133 677).
You can call another TTY user without needing to call the NRS. The relay officer relays exactly what is said or typed by parties to the call. They stay on the line throughout each call to make sure they go smoothly, but don’t interfere with what is being said.
- Combines TTY and telephone features.
- Three volume settings
- Built-in flashing ring indicator.
- Auto Answer.
- Display with backlight
- Built-in memory allows you to review your TTY conversation during the call.
- Turbo Code automatically sends and receives as fast as you can type.
- Takes TTY messages when you are unavailable (not voice messages).
- 2-line, 2 x 24-character LCD display
Please note: you need a standard analogue home phone line with tone dialling, in order to use the UNIPHONE 1150.
For NBN users, the Uniphone works with a Voice & Data service, plugged into the modem’s phone socket port.